Turkey Serving Instructions
Our turkeys are sold semi-frozen, thus we recommend using the following instructions:
• Thaw under refrigeration approximately 2 days (24hrs. for every 4 - 6 lbs)
All smoked turkeys and Cajun seasoned turkeys are cooked and just need to be heated to a minimum of 160°F internal temperature, making them safe to eat.
Honey B Ham's smoked and Cajun seasoned turkeys may have a pink flesh color (pinkish juice may also be present) due to sodium nitrite in our injection used to prepare and cook the turkeys. For best results follow heating instructions and any meat that remains pink is safe to eat. Please keep turkey refrigerated.
• Preheat Oven to 375°F
• Remove plastic bag, place foil-wrapped turkey in shallow pan breast side up
• Heat 8-10 minutes per pound
• Let turkey stand for 15 minutes before carving
The best way to insure the turkey is safely prepared is to use a meat thermometer. Place the thermometer in thee thickest section of the inner thigh without touching bone. After thigh meat has reached 180°F, ALL MEAT (including any that remains pink) is safe to eat.
Thawing (DEFROST Power Setting)
• Remove plastic bag, place in microwaveable container
• Defrost 5-7 minutes per pound, Turn turkey over every 10 minutes
• Let stand for 5-7 minutes, rinse ice from cavity, if present.
• Removed plastic bag, place turkey breast side down in microwaveable container
• Cover loosely with wax paper
• Heat 5 minutes per pound
• Turn breast side up the last half of heating time
• Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.